How do I export my pay run figures to Sage 50 or 50c?
The Sage 50 and 50c accounts products include a CSV import feature, which can be used to transfer your payroll figures.
When you have finished calculating your pay run, click 'Confirm Payments' and then click on the 'Export to Accounting' button. Within the 'Accounts System Configuration' tab, select the option for 'Sage CSV'. Next, fill in your nominal codes or click the 'Set to Defaults' button. Click the 'Accounting Transaction' tab and then click 'Create Accounting Transaction'. Click the 'Download CSV' button to download the CSV file onto your computer.
It is advisable to take a backup before importing into Sage. These are instructions for importing the CSV file into Sage 50c Accounts version 23 (other versions may vary):
- From the File menu in Sage, select 'Import'.
- Click 'Next'.
- Choose 'Audit Trail Transactions' and click 'Next'.
- Click 'Comma-separated (*.csv)' and ensure 'First row contains headings' is ticked.
- Click 'Browse', find the CSV file you downloaded earlier and click 'Open'.
- Click 'Next' and then 'Next' again, then 'Import'.