I am getting error 1046 when I send data to HMRC. What could be wrong?
This means 'Authentication Failure. The supplied user credentials failed validation for the requested service'.
The possible reasons for this error are:
- User ID is wrong.
- Password is wrong (Try logging in at the HMRC site).
- You registered your HMRC account for PAYE but haven't yet received the activation PIN.
- The PAYE Reference on the Employer Details page is wrong (Log in to the HMRC site to see what reference they hold).
- The User ID is for a different business.
- Government systems are too busy.